Get a Quote
Charlotte has quickly become one of the fast-rising and most popular destinations in the USA for potential residents and tourists. The reason is as clear as day. You’ll always find exciting things to do, locations to visit, and places to stay in this bubbly city. So, whether you are looking to visit stunning sites, pull off a stunt, go on an adventure, or find a place to call home, Charlotte can make it happen.
How about we spice up your imminent experience by letting you in on handy details about this city?
Alright, let’s dive into the details already.
What are Charlotte’s nicknames?
Charlotte is popularly known as the Queen City in honor of Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, queen consort of the British King George III during the city’s founding.
However, like most humans, Charlotte has other nicknames that will likely make your jaw drop.
Want to know these nicknames so that residents or tourists don’t take you aback when they use them?
We have got you covered.
Below are the other jaw-dropping nicknames:
Sounds creative and funny, right? That’s just the tip of the Iceberg.
There is a whole world of excitement lying ahead of you in Charlotte.
Where is Charlotte located?
Charlotte is an important urban city and commercial hub in South Central, North Carolina. You can’t miss the city once you are in North Carolina.
It is the county seat of Mecklenburg, nestled between two lakes — Lake Norman and Lake Mylie — a few miles east of the Catwaba river in Piedmont.
How big is Charlotte?
Measuring 308.6 square miles (799 km²), Charlotte is the biggest city in North Carolina. It is also one of the 30 biggest cities in the USA.
So, you see, Queen city is big enough to offer you a wide variety of thrilling activities or locations whenever you visit or relocate.
What is the population of Charlotte?
According to the 2022 census, the population of Queen city is approximately 898,717. But don’t let the numbers scare you if you plan to relocate.
Although the number of residents is fast-rising, the city isn’t overpopulated. There’s enough room for you.
What is Charlotte known for?
Over the years, this city has built a reputation for providing residents and tourists with remarkable social scenes, outdoor venues, gorgeous parks, and restaurants. Little wonder it’s a fast-growing major city and top-rated tourist attraction in the USA. You are in for a memorable experience.
How’s the climate in Charlotte?
What’s your favorite time of the year? Summer, Spring, Autumn, or Winter? Whatever your answer may be, Charlotte has got it.
Summers in Queen city are hot and steamy, autumns and springtime are rainy, and winters are cold and damp.
When is the best time to visit Charlotte, North Carolina?
At times, the weather can be somewhat unpredictable. Nonetheless, the city springs to life from September to November, meaning these months are the best times to visit.
But you know what?
They may not be the perfect time for some of the activities you have lined up on your to-do list.
So, here’s a trusted guide on when to visit this North Carolina city based on your preferred activities:
• Best time to enjoy excellent weather in the high season – September to November
• Best time to jump on hotel deals during the low season – June to August or December to March
• Best time to wine and dine outside during the shoulder season – April to May
• Best time to attend a sporting event – February
• Best time to ice skate – January
• Best time to hit the trails – April
• Best time to tour the neighborhoods in Charlotte – March
• Best time to attend a NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) event – May
• Best time to visit the beach – July
• Best time to blow off steam – August
• Best time to head to fall festivals – September
• Best time to watch (or run) a marathon – November
Where is the Charlotte Douglas airport located?
Need to fly? The Charlotte Douglas International Airport, also known as CLT, Douglas airport, or Charlotte Douglas, is just around the corner. This airport is around 6 miles west of the city’s central commercial district. It is rated as one of the top 10 busiest airports, averaging no less than 1,400 aircraft operations daily. It also serves over 170 nonstop destinations, including Asheville, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Indianapolis, and Knoxville.
What’s more, you can partake in a few fun and relaxing activities and create new memories.
Take a cute selfie, get something nice from the stores, grab a massage or mani-pedi at the XpressSpa locations, or eat your fill at the classy restaurants. Savor the moment.
Where is the best place to live in Charlotte, NC?
If you are thinking about starting a new life in Charlotte, you are on the right track. Bothered about where to stay? Look no further. Let’s save you the stress and fast-track your settling-in experience in Queen city by showing you the best locations to stay. Whether you are looking for a location close to work, vibrant nightlife, adorable bungalows, commercial hubs, or a family-friendly atmosphere we have your back.
Here are some of the best neighborhoods you should consider moving to in Queen city:
• Fourth Ward
• Ballantyne East
• Myers Park
Where are the best places to visit in Charlotte, NC?
Even if you intend to step into Queen city for a weekend getaway with your lover, a bonding moment with your family, or some me-time, you sure want to get the best out of every second you spend.
And there is no better way to about this than to visit these excellent tourist attractions:
• Latta Arcade
• Bojangles Coliseum
• Imaginon: The Joe and Joan Martin Centre
• Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
• Belk Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
• The Charlotte Museum of History
• Freedom Park
• The Mint Museum
• U.S National Whitewater Center
• Uptown Charlotte
• NASCAR Hall of Fame
• Wing Haven Gardens and Bird Sanctuary
Things to do in Charlotte
Looking for exciting things in Charlotte? You can’t run out of things to do in Queen City. From the artistic performances to thrilling adventures, sporting events, and shopping experiences, there’s something out there for you.
Ready to get started?
Explore these recommendations and enjoy what Queen city has in store for you.
Things to do for Outdoor Adventure lovers
• Ride hair-raising coasters at Carowinds
• Get your game on at the U.S National Whitewater Center
• Go skydiving at iFly Charlotte
• Try the haunted walking tour
• Ride on the side-splitting hilarious bus
• Go on an electric cart city tour
Things to do for Drink Lovers
• Sip cocktail on a rooftop bar
• Have a drink at The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery and Biergarten
Things to do for Food Lovers
• Grab a bite at the 7th Street Public Market
Things to do for Romantic Lovers
• Go on a Private Picnic experience
• Enjoy the Orchestra at the Belk Theater
• Book the front row at Ovens Auditorium
• Take a walk around First Ward Park
• Relax at a spa
• Enjoy the rose scents at Glencairn Garden
• Tour the city with a Segway
• Admire the lovely plants at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
• Stroll through the Freedom Park
• Take a look at the North Carolina Botanical Gardens at UNCC
Things to do for Animal Lovers
• Spend time with the Hawks at the Carolina Raptor Center
• Check out the Hollywood Animal Park
• Chill with the hippos at North Carolina Zoo
• Discover the big cats in Charlotte at Tiger World
• See the Lemurs at Zootastic Park
• Feed fishes at the Sea Life Charlotte-Concord Aquarium
Things to do for Family
• Tag along with the Charlotte Liberty Walk
• See a show at the Levine Center for Arts
• Watch an outdoor movie at the Village Park
• Spend a few hours on Lake Norman
Things to do for History Lovers
• Go down memory lane by visiting President James K. Polk State Historic Site.
• Visit the Biltmore Estate
• Explore the lively area of the Fourth Ward
Things to do for Kids
• Visit the museum of Dolls, Toys, and Miniatures in Spencer
• Catch fun at Frankie’s of Charlotte
• Take your kids to Mr. Putty’s Fun Park
• Feel the excitement at the Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park
• Head out to the Schiele Museum of Natural History and Planetarium
• Visit the Historic Latta Plantation
• Let fly your kid’s inner Einstein at Discovery Place Science
• Take your kids to ImaginOn: The Joe & Joan Martin Center
Things to do for Sport Lovers
• Yell “Touchdown” at the Bank of America Stadium
• Experience the North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame
• Hit the golf course
• Step on it at the Hendrick Motorsports Complex
• Support the Hornets at the Spectrum Center
• Check out the Truist Field
• Dress up and partake in the Carolina Renaissance Festival
• Drive a NASCAR vehicle
• Watch NASCAR at the Charlotte Motor Speedway
Things to do for Art Lovers
• Check out the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
• Spend time a few hours at the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
Things to do for Shoppers
• Get the latest outfits at SouthPark Mall
• Blow the bank at Charlotte Premium Outlets
What are the best hotels in Charlotte, NC?
You can bank on many Charlotte hotels to provide the serene environment you need to experience royal treatment away from the noise and bustle of the city.
Nonetheless, here are some highly-rated hotels:
• The Morehead Inn
• The Ballantyne
• Grand Bohemian Hotel Charlotte
• Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark
• The Ritz-Carlton Charlotte
• Omni Charlotte Hotel
• The Dunhill Hotel
• Kimpton Tryon Park
• The Duke Mansion
• The Ivey’s
There you have it; all you need to know about Charlotte. With this information at your fingertips, you won’t struggle to fit in or find your way around town. Cheers to an exciting and memorable Charlotte, NC experience!
If you are looking for commercial or industrial construction in Asheville, MWM Construction & Rigging can help. Learn more about our Charlotte construction services.